|Rabbit anti Rat VEGF antibody specifically recognizes rat VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor), a heparin-binding cytokine and member of the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family, which acts as a vasodilator, regulator of vasculogenesis, and is a potent stimulator of angiogenesis of both normal and cancerous cells.
All VEGF family members act through binding to the tyrosine kinase receptors VEGFR-1 (Flt-1) and VEGFR-2 (KDR/CD309), and the functional forms of VEGF, which exist as disulphide-linked homodimers, are classified according to the number of amino acid residues within a constitutive polypeptide chain e.g VEGF165.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% bovine serum albumin
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to rat VEGF was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant rat VEGF.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Biotinylated rabbit anti rat VEGF may be used in a direct ELISA or as the detection reagent in a sandwich ELISA with our purified rabbit anti rat VEGF antibody as the capture reagent.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001974 blood vessel remodeling
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0005604 basement membrane
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008201 heparin binding
- GO:0009409 response to cold
- GO:0042088 T-helper 1 type immune response
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0043117 positive regulation of vascular permeability
- GO:0045779 negative regulation of bone resorption
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048255 mRNA stabilization
- GO:0048286 lung alveolus development
- GO:0048661 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0051781 positive regulation of cell division
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up