Rabbit anti Rat prolactin antibody recognizes prolactin, a secreted protein with hormonal activity, which functions by binding to the prolactin receptor and positively regulating epithelial cell proliferation. Prolactin acts primarily on the mammary gland by promoting lactation, and has been shown to promote prostate epithelial cell proliferation(Ahonen et al. 1999). Prolactin may also facilitate decidual growth and placentation. Prolactin belongs to the somatotropin/prolactin family.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to prolactin were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbit with highly purified antigen. IgG fraction prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified rat prolactin from pituitary glands.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P01237 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Prl Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005148 prolactin receptor binding
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0030141 stored secretory granule
- GO:0007567 parturition
- GO:0007584 response to nutrient
- GO:0007595 lactation
- GO:0007623 circadian rhythm
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0014070 response to organic cyclic compound
- GO:0030278 regulation of ossification
- GO:0032355 response to estradiol stimulus
- GO:0032496 response to lipopolysaccharide
- GO:0032870 cellular response to hormone stimulus
- GO:0033555 multicellular organismal response to stress
- GO:0042698 ovulation cycle
- GO:0045471 response to ethanol
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
Applications of Prolactin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Biotin||2AB02B||1 ml||C E P WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||1 mg||F|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||1 mg||C E WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||1 mg||C F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||1 ml||F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®549||STAR36D549GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®649||STAR36D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
Product Specific References
References for Prolactin antibody
Alam, S.M. et al. (2006) The rat prolactin gene family locus: species-specific gene family expansion.
Mamm Genome. 17 (8): 858-77.
Gourdji, D. & Laverrière, J.N. (1994) The rat prolactin gene: a target for tissue-specific and hormone-dependent transcription factors.
Mol Cell Endocrinol. 100 (1-2): 133-42.
Farris, G.M. et al. (2007) Recombinant rat and mouse growth hormones: risk assessment of carcinogenic potential in 2-year bioassays in rats and mice.
Toxicol Sci. 97: 548-61.