Rabbit anti Rat metabotropic glutamate receptor 1a antibody recognizes rat metabotropic glutamate receptor 1a (mGluR1a). The metabotropic glutamate receptors have been organised into three groups. mGluR5 and mGluR1 make up group I which, when activated, stimulates phospholipase C and activates protein kinase C to hydrolyse phosphoinositide phospholipids in the cell membrane. Group I mGluRs, but not other groups, are activated by 3, 5-dihydroxyphenylglycine (DHPG).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to metabotropic glutamate receptor 1a were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5, 150mM NaCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.01% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide corresponding to amino acids 1115-1130 from the C-terminal region of rat mGluR1a.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
PLC activating metabotropic glutamate receptor activity
G-protein coupled receptor activity
integral to plasma membrane
activation of phospholipase C activity by metabotropic glutamate receptor signaling pathway
regulation of glutamate secretion
sensory perception of pain
elevation of cytosolic calcium ion concentration involved in G-protein signaling coupled to IP3 second messenger
synaptic transmission, GABAergic
regulation of synaptic transmission, glutamatergic
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 1a antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1871 detects bands of approximately 125kDa (monomer) and 250kDa (dimer) on lysate from transfected HEK293 cells.
This antibody has also been reported to detect bands at approximately 120kDa (reduced) and 210kD (non-reduced), in protein extracts from adult rat cerebellum.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 1a antibody
Copani, A. et al. (2000) Reducing conditions differentially affect the functional and structural properties of group-I and -II metabotropic glutamate receptors.
Brain Res. 867 (1-2): 165-72.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra