IL-6 is a pleiotropic cytokine involved in the regulation of immune and inflammatory responses.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% bovine serum albumin
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to rat IL-6 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None Present
- Recombinant Rat IL-6 (PRP21)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution.
- P20607 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Il6 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005138 interleukin-6 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0045454 cell redox homeostasis
- GO:0006469 negative regulation of protein kinase activity
- GO:0009612 response to mechanical stimulus
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007568 aging
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0008360 regulation of cell shape
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0009408 response to heat
- GO:0009409 response to cold
- GO:0046677 response to antibiotic
- GO:0031000 response to caffeine
- GO:0031667 response to nutrient levels
- GO:0032496 response to lipopolysaccharide
- GO:0032868 response to insulin stimulus
- GO:0033160 positive regulation of protein import into nucleus, translocation
- GO:0034097 response to cytokine stimulus
- GO:0043154 negative regulation of caspase activity
- GO:0043200 response to amino acid stimulus
- GO:0043526 neuroprotection
- GO:0045188 regulation of circadian sleep/wake cycle, non-REM sleep
- GO:0045429 positive regulation of nitric oxide biosynthetic process
- GO:0045666 positive regulation of neuron differentiation
- GO:0045721 negative regulation of gluconeogenesis
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0046427 positive regulation of JAK-STAT cascade
- GO:0046849 bone remodeling
- GO:0048635 negative regulation of muscle organ development
- GO:0050710 negative regulation of cytokine secretion
- GO:0051592 response to calcium ion
- GO:0051602 response to electrical stimulus
- GO:0051789 response to protein stimulus
- GO:0051971 positive regulation of transmission of nerve impulse
- GO:0070374 positive regulation of ERK1 and ERK2 cascade
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-6 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Anti Rat IL-6: biotin conjugate may be used in a direct ELISA with recombinant rat IL-6 (PRP21) as the standard.