Rabbit anti Rat Interleukin-10 antibody recognizes rat interleukin-10 (IL-10)
Rat IL-10 is a 18.7kD cytokine which exists as a homodimer.
IL-10 is produced by a population of T-cells and is reported to inhibit the synthesis of several cytokines including IFN gamma, IL-2, IL-3 and TNF alpha.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to rat IL-10 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant rat IL-10
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
negative regulation of cytokine secretion involved in immune response
positive regulation of B cell apoptosis
interleukin-10 receptor binding
response to drug
response to activity
negative regulation of B cell proliferation
response to lipopolysaccharide
negative regulation of interleukin-6 production
receptor biosynthetic process
response to insulin stimulus
response to carbon monoxide
negative regulation of tumor necrosis factor biosynthetic process
negative regulation of apoptosis
positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
negative regulation of nitric oxide biosynthetic process
positive regulation of cytokine secretion
negative regulation of membrane protein ectodomain proteolysis
positive regulation of transcription factor activity
response to glucocorticoid stimulus
regulation of sensory perception of pain
cellular response to estradiol stimulus
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-10 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own systems with the appropriate negative/positive controls.
- AAR29 may be used in an indirect ELISA with PRP29 as the standard.
- Western Blotting
- AAR29 may be used under either reducing or non-reducing western blotting conditions with PRP29 as the positive control.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available