Rabbit anti Rat 5-alpha reductase type 2 antibody recognizes 5-alpha reductase type 2 and does not react with type 1 5-alpha reductase.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Ig fraction - lyophilised
- Reconstitute in 50 µl of sterile distilled water. For long term storage the addition of a preservative is recommended.
- Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Ammonium bicarbonate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to a C-terminal portion of native rat 5-alpha reductase type 2 conjugated to human thyroglobulin. The amino acid sequence is QAFYHHRFYLKMFKDYPKSRKAL.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution.
- GO Terms
3-oxo-5-alpha-steroid 4-dehydrogenase activity
integral to membrane
endoplasmic reticulum membrane
steroid metabolic process
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of 5-alpha Reductase Type 2 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Rat prostate
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available