5-alpha Reductase Type 2 antibody
Rabbit anti Rat 5-alpha reductase type 2 antibody recognizes 5-alpha reductase type 2 and does not react with type 1 5-alpha reductase.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Ig fraction - lyophilised
- Reconstitute in 50 µl of sterile distilled water. For long term storage the addition of a preservative is recommended.
- Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Ammonium bicarbonate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to a C-terminal portion of native rat 5-alpha reductase type 2 conjugated to human thyroglobulin. The amino acid sequence is QAFYHHRFYLKMFKDYPKSRKAL.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of reconstitution.
- Q28892 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0003865 3-oxo-5-alpha-steroid 4-dehydrogenase activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0005792 microsome
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0007548 sex differentiation
- GO:0008202 steroid metabolic process
- GO:0030154 cell differentiation
- For research purposes only
Applications of 5-alpha Reductase Type 2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Rat prostate
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Biotin||2AB02B||1 ml||C E P WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||1 mg||F|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||1 mg||C E WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||1 mg||C F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||1 ml||F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®549||STAR36D549GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®649||STAR36D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|