Rabbit anti Mouse ULK2 antibody recognizes mouse Ulk2 (Serine/threonine-protein kinase Ulk2), otherwise known as Unc-51-like kinase 2, a widely expressed mammalian Atg1 homologue and member of the protein kinase superfamily, which shares structural similarity with a serine/threonine kinase found in C. elegans, known to be involved in axonal elongation.
Ulk2 and closely-related Ulk1, localize to autophagic isolation membranes under starvation conditions and binding of Atg13 (Autophagy-related protein 13) to Ulk1 and Ulk2, stabilizes and activates them, facilitating the phosphorylation of FIP200. FIP200 is a multifunctional protein involved in cell migration, proliferation, apoptosis, and tumor suppression.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to mouse Ulk2 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 370-382 of mouse Ulk2. The corresponding sequence differs by two amino acids in rat and three amino acids in human.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
protein serine/threonine kinase activity
negative regulation of collateral sprouting
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ULK2 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AAM80 detects a band of approximately 130kDa in HEK-293T cell lysates transfected with mouse ULK2.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Yan, J. et al. (1999) Mouse ULK2, a novel member of the UNC-51-like protein kinases: unique features of functional domains.
Oncogene. 18: 5850-9.
Lee, E.J. and Tournier, C. et al. (2011) The requirement of uncoordinated 51-like kinase 1 (ULK1) and ULK2 in the regulation of autophagy.
Autophagy. 7: 7689-95.