Rabbit anti TSPO antibody recognizes a region close to amino acid 81 of mouse TSPO also known as the peripheral-type benzodiazepine receptor (PBR). TSPO is a member of a family of tryptophan-rich sensory proteins and is a mitochondrial protein usually located in the outer mitochondrial membrane. It is thought to be part of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore and may be involved in apoptosis.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Synthetic peptide surrounding amino acid 81 of mouse TSPO
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Tspo antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti TSPO antibody recognizes a band of approximately 50 kDa (corresponding to the TSPO-VDAC complex) in Jurkat cell lysates and rat kidney tissue lysates
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available