NFkB p65 antibody
Rabbit anti NFkB p65 antibody recognizes Nuclear factor NF-kappa-B p65 subunit also known as Nuclear factor of kappa light polypeptide gene enhancer in B-cells 3 or RelA. NF-kappa-B p105 and p100 subunits are large precursor proteins that are cleaved by the ubiquitin/proteasome pathway into the mature NF-kappa-B p50 and p52 subunits (NF-kappa-B p105 cleavage results in the p50 unit, while cleavage of NF-kappa-B p100 results in the p52 subunit). Rel protein family members interact with p52 and p50 to form transcription factors. In the absence of stimulation an I-kappa-B protein mediated sequestration mechanism ensures that the transcription factors remain in the cytoplasm. Upon stimulation, I-kappa-B proteins become phosphorylated, which results in their ubiquitylation and subsequent degradation by the 26S proteasome.The NF-kappa-B pathway plays a critical in mediating immune responses after infection and has been implicated in a variety of diseases ranging from autoimmune disorders to cancer.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human Rat Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 25% Glycerol
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide surrounding amino acid 274 of mouse NFkB p65.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Q04207 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Rela Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001889 liver development
- GO:0001942 hair follicle development
- GO:0003682 chromatin binding
- GO:0003705 sequence-specific enhancer binding RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0009887 organ morphogenesis
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0032495 response to muramyl dipeptide
- GO:0042177 negative regulation of protein catabolic process
- GO:0045084 positive regulation of interleukin-12 biosynthetic process
- GO:0050727 regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0071532 ankyrin repeat binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of NFkB p65 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting||0.5||4.0 ug/ml|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti NFkB p65 antibody primarily recognizes a band of approximately 65 kDa in Jurkat cell lysate
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Biotin||2AB02B||1 ml||C E P WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||1 mg||F|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||1 mg||C E WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||1 mg||C F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||1 ml||F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
Product Specific References
References for NFkB p65 antibody
Tran, T.H. et al. (2016) Repeated exposure to far infrared ray attenuates acute restraint stress in mice via inhibition of JAK2/STAT3 signaling pathway by induction of glutathione peroxidase-1.
Neurochem Int. 94: 9-22.