Rabbit anti Mouse MIP-1 alpha antibody recognizes mouse Macrophage Inflammatory Protein-1 alpha (MIP-1 alpha), also known as CCL3.
MIP-1 alpha plays an important role in the inflammatory response of blood monocytes and tissue macrophages.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to mouse MIP-1 alpha were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant mouse MIP-1 alpha (PMP32)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MIP-1 Alpha antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product may be used in an ELISA with PMP32 as the antigen.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Application Based External Images
Immunohistology - Paraffin
Product Specific References
References for MIP-1 Alpha antibody
Keepers, T.R. et al. (2007) Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1, macrophage inflammatory protein 1 alpha, and RANTES recruit macrophages to the kidney in a mouse model of hemolytic-uremic syndrome.
Infect Immun. 75: 1229-36.