Rabbit anti Mouse Mdm2 antibody detects murine Mdm2, a nuclear phosphoprotein that controls intracellular levels of the tumour suppressor protein p53 by ubiquitination and subsequent proteasomal degradation. Mdm2 also interacts with the retinoblastoma (RB) protein and E2F-1, to promote G1-S phase transition in the cell cycle.
Mdm2 activity is controlled by self-ubiquitination; however activation of the PI3K/PKB pathway leads to phosphorylation of Mdm2 at Ser185, which stabilises the protein.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Mdm2 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 177-195 of mouse Mdm2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
traversing start control point of mitotic cell cycle
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MDM2 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1329 detects a band of approximately 90kDa in mouse MEF cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra