|Rabbit anti Mouse MCP-2 antibody recognizes mouse MCP-2 (Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein 2), otherwise known as CCL8, a CC chemokine originally isolated from the human osteosarcoma cell line MG-63, which is expressed at highest levels in peripheral blood cells and the small intestine.
MCP-2 acts as a chemoattractant for monocytes, lymphocytes, eosinophils and basophils, and signals through binding to the common MCP receptor, chemokine (C-C motif) receptor 2 (CCR2), and also CCR1 and CCR3. Proteolytic cleavage of MCP-2 into the NH2-terminally truncated form, MCP-2 (6-76), results in the loss of chemotactic activity, forming a functional CC chemokine inhibitor, which may be important during inflammatory responses.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% bovine serum albumin
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to mouse MCP-2 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant mouse MCP-2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up