Rabbit anti iNOS antibody
recognizes inducible nitric oxide synthase also known as iNOS and NOS type II. This enzyme triggers the synthesis of the second messenger molecule, nitric oxide (NO), by immune cells such as macrophages in response to pathogen exposure. Inducible nitric oxide synthase also becomes activated in response to interleukin 1 beta and tumor necrosis factor alpha (Lowenstein and Padalko, 2004
). In endothelia, the molecule is produced by eNOS (endothelial nitric oxide synthase) where it acts as a vasodilator and platelet inhibitor while in the brain NO is produced by nNOS (neuronal nitric oxide synthase) and functions as a neurotransmitter.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to iNOS was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography on Protein A.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 1131-1144 of mouse iNOS
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
response to hypoxia
nitric-oxide synthase activity
arginine catabolic process
superoxide metabolic process
nitric oxide biosynthetic process
regulation of cell proliferation
protein homodimerization activity
perinuclear region of cytoplasm
flavin adenine dinucleotide binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of iNOS antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti iNOS recognizes a band of ~130 kDa by Western Blot
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available