Rabbit anti Mouse Interleukin-6 antibody recognizes mouse Interleukin-6 (IL-6). Rabbit anti Mouse Interleukin-6 antibody neutralizes murine IL-6 activity with an ND50 for mIL-6 (3 pgml-1 of between 0.24 and 0.36μg ml-1.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
N.B. For functional studies do not add sodium azide
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to murine interleukin 6 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by antigen affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant murine IL-6.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
interleukin-6 receptor binding
growth factor activity
external side of plasma membrane
endocrine pancreas development
defense response to protozoan
negative regulation of chemokine biosynthetic process
positive regulation of T-helper 2 cell differentiation
positive regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
muscle cell homeostasis
negative regulation of hormone secretion
positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
branching involved in salivary gland morphogenesis
epithelial cell proliferation involved in salivary gland morphogenesis
interleukin-6-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-6 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- This purified mouse IL-6 antibody may used in Western Blotting applications under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available