|Rabbit anti Mouse Interleukin-2 antibody recognizes mouse Interleukin-2 (IL-2), a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which primarily acts on T lymphocytes, in response to antigenic or mitogenic stimulation.
IL-2 stimulates the growth/differentiation of monocytes, macrophages, B lymphocytes, NK cells, and lymphokine activated killer cells which are used in experimental cancer therapy.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% bovine serum albumin
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to mouse IL-2 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant mouse IL-2 (PMP38)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for IL-2 antibody
Smith, K.A. (1998) Interleukin-2: inception, impact, and implications.
Science. 240: 1169-1176.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005134 interleukin-2 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0042104 positive regulation of activated T cell proliferation
- GO:0042523 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0046013 regulation of T cell homeostatic proliferation
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0048304 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgG isotypes
- GO:0050672 negative regulation of lymphocyte proliferation
- GO:0050728 negative regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0051024 positive regulation of immunoglobulin secretion
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up