Goat anti Mouse eotaxin 2 antibody recognizes mouse Eotaxin 2, otherwise known as CCL24 and myeloid progenitor inhibitory factor 2 (MPIF-2), an eosinophil-specific chemokine which signals through the CCR3 receptor. Eotaxin 2 is expressed principally by the jejunum and spleen, and to a lesser extent by the lungs and liver. Expression of Eotaxin 2 is induced by allergen challenge.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
N.B. For functional studies do not add azide.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to mouse eotaxin 2 were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant mouse Eotaxin 2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
positive regulation of angiogenesis
positive regulation of inflammatory response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Eotaxin 2 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Patel, V.P. et al. (1997) Molecular and functional characterization of two novel human C-C chemokines as inhibitors of two distinct classes of myeloid progenitors.
J Exp Med. 185 (7): 1163-72.