Rabbit anti caspase-12 (aa12-17) polyclonal antibody recognizes an epitope within the N-terminal region of murine caspase 12. Caspase 12 is a member of the interleukin-1 Beta converting enzyme (ICE) subfamily of caspases. Caspase 12 is ubiquitously expressed in murine tissue and is localised to the endoplasmic reticulum.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to mouse caspase 12 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 2-17 of murine caspase 12.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
virus-infected cell apoptosis
endoplasmic reticulum unfolded protein response
apoptosis in response to endoplasmic reticulum stress
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Caspase-12 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Heart tissue.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
VanDeCraen, M. et al. (1997) Characterization of seven murine caspase family members.
FEBS Lett. 403 (1): 61-9.