Rabbit anti Murine CAD antibody recognizes murine CAD (Caspase Activated Deoxyribonuclease), the murine homologue of human DFF-40.
CAD is released and activated by caspase cleavage of ICAD, and eventually causes degradation of nuclear DNA.
Rabbit anti Murine CAD antibody recognizes a band of ~40 kDa in western blotting.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to murine CAD were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 205-222 of mouse CAD.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
nicotinate phosphoribosyltransferase activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CAD antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1 This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Enari, M. et al. (1998) A caspase-activated DNase that degrades DNA during apoptosis, and its inhibitor ICAD.
Nature. 391 (6662): 43-50.
Sakahira, H. et al. (1998) Cleavage of CAD inhibitor in CAD activation and DNA degradation during apoptosis.
Nature. 391 (6662): 96-9.
Liu, X. et al. (1997) DFF, a heterodimeric protein that functions downstream of caspase-3 to trigger DNA fragmentation during apoptosis.
Cell. 89 (2): 175-84.