Rabbit anti maltose binding protein antibody recognizes the E. coli MalE gene product, maltose binding protein (MBP), also known as maltose-binding periplasmic protein or maltodextrin-binding protein. Maltose binding protein is commonly used as a fusion partner for recombinant proteins expressed in E. coli greatly enhancing solubility characteristics of the expressed protein.
- Product Form
- Serum - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to maltose binding protein` were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Maltose Binding Protein antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra