Regulation of food intake and energy expenditure by leptin is thought to predominantly occur in the hypothalamus of the brain, where leptin binds with high affinity to neuronal leptin receptors (OB-R), inhibiting the action of the feeding stimulants neuropeptide Y (NPY) and agouti-related peptide (AgRP), or promoting the effects of the appetite regulator α-melanocyte-stimulating hormone (α-MSH). Leptin also acts as a direct stimulator of fatty acid oxidation in the mitochondria of liver and skeletal muscle cells, and influences glucose and fat metabolism.
The expression of leptin in relation to metabolic status is influenced by hormonal and metabolite control: stimulators of leptin include insulin and cortisol, whilst cAMP, thiazolidinediones and beta-adrenergic receptor agonists, reduce leptin expression.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to leptin were raised by repeated immunisations of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- HMW conjugate coupled to leptin peptide amino acids 57-70.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006112 energy reserve metabolic process
- GO:0008343 adult feeding behavior
- GO:0032099 negative regulation of appetite
- For research purposes only
Applications of Leptin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||C E F WB||1.5 ml|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®488||STAR88D488GA||F IF||0.1 mg|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
Product Specific References
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra