Rabbit anti VPS34 antibody recognises Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase catalytic subunit type 3, also known as VPS34 (vacuolar protein sorting 34), PI3-kinase type 3 or PIK3C3. VPS34 is a ubiquitously expressed class III PI3K (phosphoinositide 3-kinase), and member of the PI3/PI4-kinase family, which utilizes phosphatidylinositol (PtdIn) as a substrate, and functions as the catalytic subunit of the PI3K complex.
VPS34 plays a role in the transport of lysosomal enzyme precursors to lysosomes, and in endocytosis and vesicular trafficking, and has been strongly implicated as a regulator of autophagy, forming a multi-protein complex with the proautophagic tumor suppressors Beclin1/Atg6, Bif-1, and UVRAG, in the initiation of autophagosome formation. Distinct complexes of VPS34 regulates endocytic processes vital for late-stage autophagosome-lysosome fusion.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human VSP34 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 22-34 of human VPS34, The corresponding sequence is identical in mouse and rat.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
autophagic vacuole assembly
phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase complex
protein maturation by peptide bond cleavage
response to leucine
regulation of protein secretion
protein kinase activity
insulin receptor signaling pathway
fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling pathway
innate immune response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of VPS34 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP224 detects a band of approximately 105kDa in HEK-293T cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available