Vitamin D Receptor antibody
Goat anti Human Vitamin D Receptor antibody recognises human vitamin D nuclear hormone receptor (VDR) a ~48 kDa member of the trans-acting transcriptional regulatory factors. On binding vitamin D, VDR regulates the expression of hormone sensitive genes. The main downstream target of VDR is involved in bone mineral metabolism although VDR is also involved in immune response and cancer metabolic pathways. VDR also acts as a receptor for secondary bile acid lithocholic acid. Additionally, signalling and oncogenic activity of beta-catenin signalling has been shown to be repressed by VDR (Shah et al. 2006).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Mouse Dog Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human Vitamin D receptor were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence CGNQDYKYRVSD corresponding to the internal region of Vitamin D receptor (NP_000367.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P11473 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- VDR Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003707 steroid hormone receptor activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0008434 vitamin D3 receptor activity
- GO:0010553 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010980 positive regulation of vitamin D 24-hydroxylase activity
- GO:0034339 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
- GO:0046697 decidualization
- GO:0046965 retinoid X receptor binding
- GO:0060558 regulation of calcidiol 1-monooxygenase activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of Vitamin D Receptor antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1093 detects a band of approximately 40-45kDa in human brain cell lysates. A minimum incubation time of 1 hour is recommended with this antibody.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||1 mg||F|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||1 mg||C E WB|
Product Specific References
References for Vitamin D Receptor antibody
Cheng, H.T. et al. (2006) Functional role of VDR in the activation of p27Kip1 by the VDR/Sp1 complex.
J Cell Biochem. 98 (6): 1450-6.