Goat anti Human Vitamin D Receptor antibody
recognises human vitamin D nuclear hormone receptor (VDR) a ~48 kDa member of the trans-acting transcriptional regulatory factors. On binding vitamin D, VDR regulates the expression of hormone sensitive genes. The main downstream target of VDR is involved in bone mineral metabolism although VDR is also involved in immune response and cancer metabolic pathways. VDR also acts as a receptor for secondary bile acid lithocholic acid. Additionally, signalling and oncogenic activity of beta-catenin signalling has been shown to be repressed by VDR (Shah et al. 2006
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human Vitamin D receptor were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.5%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Peptide sequence CGNQDYKYRVSD corresponding to the internal region of Vitamin D receptor (NP_000367.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
steroid hormone receptor activity
zinc ion binding
negative regulation of cell proliferation
vitamin D3 receptor activity
negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
positive regulation of vitamin D 24-hydroxylase activity
regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
retinoid X receptor binding
regulation of calcidiol 1-monooxygenase activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Vitamin D Receptor antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1093 detects a band of approximately 40-45kDa in human brain cell lysates. A minimum incubation time of 1 hour is recommended with this antibody.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Vitamin D Receptor antibody
Cheng, H.T. et al. (2006) Functional role of VDR in the activation of p27Kip1 by the VDR/Sp1 complex.
J Cell Biochem. 98 (6): 1450-6.