The protein encoded by the VAPA gene is a type IV membrane protein. It is present in the plasma membrane and intracellular vesicles. It may also be associated with the cytoskeleton. This protein may function in vesicle trafficking, membrane fusion, protein complex assembly and cell motility. Alternative splicing occurs at this locus and two transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been identified (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human VAPA antibody detects a band of 31 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti VAPA detects a band of approximately 31 kDa in HepG2 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 182-210 of human VAPA
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0006665 sphingolipid metabolic process
- GO:0006944 cellular membrane fusion
- GO:0031982 vesicle
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Vapa antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra