Rabbit anti Human USP4 antibody detects an epitope within the internal region of ubiquitin specific protease 4 (USP4), a ~105 kDa protein also known as ubiquitous nuclear protein (UNP). USP4 binds to the retinoblastoma family of tumor suppressor proteins, including pRb, p107 and p130. USP4 shuttles between the nucleus and cytoplasm and is thought to be an oncogene, with elevated expression in small cells tumors and adenocarcinomas of the lung.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to USP4 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbit with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to an internal domain of human USP4.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
ubiquitin thiolesterase activity
ubiquitin-specific protease activity
ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
negative regulation of protein ubiquitination
regulation of protein stability
adenosine receptor binding
protein localization at cell surface
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of USP4 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Blanchette, P. et al. (2001) Association of UNP, a ubiquitin-specific protease, with the pocket proteins pRb, p107 and p130.
Oncogene. 20 (39): 5533-7.
Soboleva, T.A. et al. (2005) Nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling of the oncogenic mouse UNP/USP4 deubiquitylating enzyme.
J Biol Chem. 280 (1): 745-52.
Desalle, L.M. et al. (2001) The de-ubiquitinating enzyme Unp interacts with the retinoblastoma protein.
Oncogene. 20 (39): 5538-42.