Goat anti Human Urokinase antibody
detects an epitope within the C-terminal of urokinase, a potent ~50 kDa serine protease also known as urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA). uPA cleaves and activates plasminogen to form plasmin and is involved in extracellular cellular matrix degradation and cell signalling. Recent studies have implicated uPA and its receptor in the pathogenesis of inflammation and immunity.
A specific polymorphism in the gene encoding uPA may be associated with late-onset Alzheimer's disease (Ertekin-Taner et al. 2005
). The levels of uPA, uPAR and its soluble fragments have also been found to be increased in tissues, plasma and other body fluids of cancer patients and to be markers of cancer development and metastasis (Kim et al. 2016
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Urokinase were raised by repeated immunisations of goat with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.02%||Sodium Azide (NaN3)|
|0.5%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Peptide with sequence C-HFLPWIRSHTKEEN from the C-terminal of the Urokinase sequence.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
serine-type endopeptidase activity
regulation of receptor activity
regulation of smooth muscle cell migration
regulation of cell adhesion mediated by integrin
regulation of smooth muscle cell-matrix adhesion
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Urokinase antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1065 detects a band of approximately 48kDa in KEH 293 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra