Rabbit anti UBE4B
Rabbit anti human UBE4B antibody recognizes ubiquitin conjugation factor E4B, also known as UBOX3, UFD2A-III/UBE4B-III splice isoform, homologous to yeast UFD2, or ubiquitination factor E4B (homologous to yeast UFD2). This antibody has been validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The modification of proteins with ubiquitin is an important cellular mechanism for targeting abnormal or short-lived proteins for degradation. Ubiquitination involves at least three classes of enzymes: ubiquitin-activating enzymes, or E1s, ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes, or E2s, and ubiquitin-protein ligases, or E3s. The UBE4B gene encodes an additional conjugation factor, E4, which is involved in multi-ubiquitin chain assembly. UBE4B is also the strongest neuroblastoma tumor suppressor gene. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been found for UBE4B (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human UBE4B antibody detects a band of 140 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti UBE4B detects a band of approximately 140 kDa in K562 cell lysate
- Product Form
- Ig fraction - liquid
- Rabbit Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 112-142 of human UBE4B
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- O95155 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- UBE4B Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000151 ubiquitin ligase complex
- GO:0042787 protein ubiquitination involved in ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0009411 response to UV
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of UBE4B antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.