The modification of proteins with ubiquitin is an important cellular mechanism for targeting abnormal or short-lived proteins for degradation. Ubiquitination involves at least three classes of enzymes: ubiquitin-activating enzymes, or E1s, ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes, or E2s, and ubiquitin-protein ligases, or E3s. The UBE4B gene encodes an additional conjugation factor, E4, which is involved in multi-ubiquitin chain assembly. UBE4B is also the strongest neuroblastoma tumor suppressor gene. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms have been found for UBE4B (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human UBE4B antibody detects a band of 140 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti UBE4B detects a band of approximately 140 kDa in K562 cell lysate
- Product Form
- Ig fraction - liquid
- Rabbit Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 112-142 of human UBE4B
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000151 ubiquitin ligase complex
- GO:0042787 protein ubiquitination involved in ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0009411 response to UV
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of UBE4B antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra