Rabbit anti UBC13
UBC13 antibody recognizes ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 N, also known as bendless-like ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, UBC13, UBCH13, ubiquitin carrier protein N or ubiquitin-protein ligase N. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
UBC13 is a DNA-damage inducible protein which forms part of an enzyme complex, with UEV1A, that indirectly activates TAK1 via the ubiquitination of TRAF-6. Ubiquitin modification of proteins is important for error-free DNA repair and for targeting of short-lived or abnormal proteins for degradation (Martein et al. 2009).
Rabbit anti Human UBC13 antibody detects ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 N as a band of 17 kDa in a wide range of human cell line lysates. Cross reactivity with rodent cell lines is also observed.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti UBC13 detects a band of approximately 17 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A 15 amino acid peptide located near the human UBC13 C-terminus.
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P61088 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- UBE2N Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000724 double-strand break repair via homologous recombination
- GO:0000729 DNA double-strand break processing
- GO:0002755 MyD88-dependent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004842 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006301 postreplication repair
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008063 Toll signaling pathway
- GO:0016574 histone ubiquitination
- GO:0031058 positive regulation of histone modification
- GO:0031372 UBC13-MMS2 complex
- GO:0033182 regulation of histone ubiquitination
- GO:0034130 toll-like receptor 1 signaling pathway
- GO:0034134 toll-like receptor 2 signaling pathway
- GO:0034142 toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043130 ubiquitin binding
- GO:0043687 post-translational protein modification
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0045739 positive regulation of DNA repair
- GO:0050852 T cell receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0051092 positive regulation of NF-kappaB transcription factor activity
- GO:0051443 positive regulation of ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0070534 protein K63-linked ubiquitination
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of UBC13 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.