Rabbit anti Tspo
TSPO antibody recognizes TSPO, also known as translocator protein, benzodiazepine peripheral binding site, mitochondrial benzodiazepine receptor or peripheral-type benzodiazepine receptor.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Present mainly in the mitochondrial compartment of peripheral tissues, the protein encoded by TSPO interacts with some benzodiazepines and has different affinities than its endogenous counterpart. The protein is a key factor in the flow of cholesterol into mitochondria to permit the initiation of steroid hormone synthesis. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been reported; one of the variants lacks an internal exon and is considered non-coding, and the other variants encode the same protein (provided by RefSeq, Feb 2012).
Rabbit anti Human TSPO antibody detects a band of 18 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti TSPO antibody recognizes a band of approximately 18 kDa in C2C12 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on immunogen
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human TSPO
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P30536 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TSPO Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005741 mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0006626 protein targeting to mitochondrion
- GO:0006783 heme biosynthetic process
- GO:0006820 anion transport
- GO:0008202 steroid metabolic process
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0008503 benzodiazepine receptor activity
- GO:0015485 cholesterol binding
- GO:0032374 regulation of cholesterol transport
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Tspo antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.