Rabbit anti Human TRPA1 antibody detects Transient receptor potential A1 (TRPA1), an excitatory cation channel that is highly expressed in nociceptive neurons and plays an important role in inflammatory pain. TRPA1 mediates the response to the proalgesic bradykinin as well as to pungent irritants found in mustards, garlic, and cinnamon.
TRPA1 may also be involved in hearing (as the mammalian hair cell mechanotransducer) and in the detection of cold stimuli.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human TRPA1 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide: internal domain of human TRPA1, conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin (KLH).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to plasma membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of TRPA1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Spinal cord, DRG.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Story, G.M. & GereauRw4, t.h. (2006) Numbing the senses: role of TRPA1 in mechanical and cold sensation.
Neuron. 50 (2): 177-80.