TRIM5 Alpha antibody
Filter by Application:WB P Reset
|Goat anti Human TRIM5 alpha antibody recognizes an epitope within the N-terminal (NT) region of human TRIM5alpha, otherwise known as RNF88 (RING finger protein 88), a cytoplasmic protein and member of the TRIM/RBCC family, known to play a vital role in species-specific early defence against retrovirus infection.
The association of TRIM5 with specific retroviral capsid sequences determines the effectiveness of the defence against infection. For example, in Old World monkeys, TRIM5alpha specifically associates with HIV type 1 (HIV-1), whereas in humans TRIM5alpha is not effective against HIV-1, but can inhibit strains of the murine leukaemia virus (MLV).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human TRIM5alpha (NT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence ASGILVNVKEEVTC corresponding to the N-Terminal region of TRIM5 (NP_149023.1; NP_149083.1; NP_149084.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1.0ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human tonsil
- Western Blotting
- AHP1582 detects a band of approximately 37kDa in human brain cell lysates.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
Lee, K. & Kewalramani, V.N. (2004) In defense of the cell: TRIM5alpha interception of mammalian retroviruses.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 101 (29): 10496-7.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up