Goat anti Human TRIM5 alpha antibody recognizes an epitope within the N-terminal (NT) region of human TRIM5alpha, otherwise known as RNF88 (RING finger protein 88), a cytoplasmic protein and member of the TRIM/RBCC family, known to play a vital role in species-specific early defence against retrovirus infection.
The association of TRIM5 with specific retroviral capsid sequences determines the effectiveness of the defence against infection. For example, in Old World monkeys, TRIM5alpha specifically associates with HIV type 1 (HIV-1), whereas in humans TRIM5alpha is not effective against HIV-1, but can inhibit strains of the murine leukaemia virus (MLV).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human TRIM5alpha (NT) was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence ASGILVNVKEEVTC corresponding to the N-Terminal region of TRIM5 (NP_149023.1; NP_149083.1; NP_149084.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of TRIM5 Alpha antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human tonsil
- Western Blotting
- AHP1582 detects a band of approximately 37kDa in human brain cell lysates.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available