The TRIM28 protein mediates transcriptional control by interaction with the Kruppel-associated box repression domain found in many transcription factors. Localizes to the nucleus, TRIM28 is thought to associate with specific chromatin regions. This protein is a member of the tripartite motif family. The tripartite motif includes three zinc-binding domains, a RING, a B-box type 1 and a B-box type 2, and a coiled-coil region (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human TRIM28 antibody detects a band of 100 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti TRIM28 detects a band of approximately 100 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 178-207 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human TRIM28
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001837 epithelial to mesenchymal transition
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003714 transcription corepressor activity
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0043193 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
- GO:0070087 chromo shadow domain binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of TRIM28 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|