The protein encoded by TRIM25 gene is a member of the tripartite motif (TRIM) family. The TRIM motif includes three zinc-binding domains, a RING, a B-box type 1 and a B-box type 2, and a coiled-coil region. The protein localizes to the cytoplasm. The presence of potential DNA-binding and dimerization-transactivation domains suggests that this protein may act as a transcription factor, similar to several other members of the TRIM family. Expression of the gene is upregulated in response to estrogen, and it is thought to mediate estrogen actions in breast cancer as a primary response gene (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human TRIM25 antibody detects a band of 72 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti TRIM25 detects a band of approximately 72 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide encompassing part of the middle region of human TRIM25
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004842 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0032480 negative regulation of type I interferon production
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of TRIM25 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|