Rabbit anti Human TMS1 (C-Terminal) antibody recognizes human TMS1, also known as apoptosis-associated speck-like protein containing a CARD (ASC). It was first identified as a cytosolic soluble protein that forms insoluble aggregates and promotes caspase-mediated apoptosis. The proapoptotic activity is mediated predominantly though the activation of caspase 9. It may also be a component of the inflammasome, where it associates with caspase 1, CARD8 and NALP2 to activate proinflammatory caspases. TMS1 is widely expressed in human tissue.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human TMS1 (CT) was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to aa182-195 of human TMS1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
induction of apoptosis
activation of caspase activity
IkappaB kinase complex
caspase activator activity
Pyrin domain binding
tumor necrosis factor-mediated signaling pathway
protein homodimerization activity
positive regulation of interleukin-1 beta secretion
positive regulation of NF-kappaB transcription factor activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of TMS1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1606 detects a band of approximately 25kDa in HL60 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra