Rabbit anti TL1A (N-Terminal) antibody recognizes the amino Terminal of human TL1A, also known as tumour necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 15 (TNFSF15). TL1A acts as a co-stimulator of IFN-gamma secretion through binding to DR3 (death domain receptor 3 or TRAMP) and may play an important role in Th1-mediated diseases such as Crohn’s disease. In cells expressing DR3, TL1A induces NF-kappa-B activation and apoptosis. Decoy receptor 3 (DcR3) is also a receptor for TL1A. DcR3 can apparently neutralise the effect of TL1A, by inhibiting the TL1A-DR3 interaction, thereby inhibiting apoptosis. TL1A is specifically expressed on endothelial cells and is detected on monocytes, placenta, lung, liver, kidney, skeletal muscle, pancreas, spleen, prostate, small intestine and colon.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to TL1A (NT) was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by immunoaffinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the amino terminus of human TL1A.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to plasma membrane
tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
activation of caspase activity
activation of NF-kappaB-inducing kinase activity
cytokine metabolic process
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of TL1A antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1661 detects a band of approximately 27kDa in PC-3 cell lysates
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Wen, L. et al. (2003) TL1A-induced NF-kappaB activation and c-IAP2 production prevent DR3-mediated apoptosis in TF-1 cells.
J Biol Chem. 278 (40): 39251-8.
Bamias, G. et al. (2003) Expression, localization, and functional activity of TL1A, a novel Th1-polarizing cytokine in inflammatory bowel disease.
J Immunol. 171 (9): 4868-74.
Yang, C.R. et al. (2004) Soluble decoy receptor 3 induces angiogenesis by neutralization of TL1A, a cytokine belonging to tumor necrosis factor superfamily and exhibiting angiostatic action.
Cancer Res. 64 (3): 1122-9.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra