Sheep anti Human TIMP-2 antibody recognizes human TIMP-2, a tissue inhibitor that complexes with and irreversibly inactivates various metalloproteinases.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the loop 6 region of the native molecule conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P16035 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TIMP2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0008191 metalloendopeptidase inhibitor activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of TIMP-2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||1.5 ml||C E F WB|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®488||STAR88D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®549||STAR88D549GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®649||STAR88D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:FITC||STAR88F||1 mg||C|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||1 ml||C E P WB|
Product Specific References
References for TIMP-2 antibody
Ho, M.L. et al. (2011) Antimetastatic Potentials of Dioscorea nipponica on Melanoma In Vitro and In Vivo
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2011 Article ID 507920
Jaworski, D.M. et al. (2011) Sexually dimorphic diet-induced insulin resistance in obese tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2)-deficient mice.
Endocrinology. 152 (4): 1300-13.