The TIMP1 gene belongs to the TIMP gene family. The protein encoded by the TIMP1 gene is a natural inhibitor of the matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), a group of peptidases involved in degradation of the extracellular matrix. In addition to its inhibitory role against most of the known MMPs, the encoded protein is able to promote cell proliferation in a wide range of cell types, and may also have an anti-apoptotic function. Transcription of TIMP1 is highly inducible in response to many cytokines and hormones. In addition, the expression from some but not all inactive X chromosomes suggests that TIMP1 inactivation is polymorphic in human females. TIMP1 is located within intron 6 of the synapsin I gene and is transcribed in the opposite direction (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human TIMP1 antibody detects a band of 35 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti TIMP-1 detects a band of approximately 35 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the N-terminal region of human TIMP-1
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0008191 metalloendopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0043249 erythrocyte maturation
- GO:0051045 negative regulation of membrane protein ectodomain proteolysis
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of TIMP-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra