Thymidylate Synthase antibody
Thymidylate synthase catalyzes the methylation of deoxyuridylate to deoxythymidylate using 5,10-methylenetetrahydrofolate (methylene-THF) as a cofactor. This function maintains the dTMP (thymidine-5-prime monophosphate) pool critical for DNA replication and repair. The enzyme has been of interest as a target for cancer chemotherapeutic agents. It is considered to be the primary site of action for 5-fluorouracil, 5-fluoro-2-prime-deoxyuridine, and some folate analogs. Expression of thymidylate synthase and that of a naturally occuring antisense transcript rTSalpha (GeneID:55556) vary inversely when cell-growth progresses from late-log to plateau phase (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Sheep anti Human thymidylate synthase antibody detects a band of 31 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti thymidylate synthase detects a band of approximately 31 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Ig fraction - liquid
- Sheep polyclonal Ig fraction prepared prepared by ammonium sulfate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human thymidylate synthase
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0000083 regulation of transcription involved in G1/S phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004799 thymidylate synthase activity
- GO:0006206 pyrimidine base metabolic process
- GO:0006281 DNA repair
- GO:0046683 response to organophosphorus
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0046134 pyrimidine nucleoside biosynthetic process
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Thymidylate Synthase antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|