TGF Alpha antibody
TGF-alpha is produced by monocytes, keratinocytes and neuronal cells and stimulates the proliferation of a range of epidermal and epithelial cells, through binding to the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR). TGF-alpha is mitogenic for multipotent neural progenitors and is involved in astrogliosis.
This antibody does not react with EGF or TGF-beta.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Bovine
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified Ig - liquid
- Purified Ig prepared by ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Mature human recombinant TGF-alpha conjugated to KLH.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 3.1 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0000187 activation of MAPK activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004708 MAP kinase kinase activity
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005154 epidermal growth factor receptor binding
- GO:0045741 positive regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0045840 positive regulation of mitosis
- GO:0050679 positive regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0051781 positive regulation of cell division
- For research purposes only
Applications of TGF Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||C E F WB||1.5 ml|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®488||STAR88D488GA||F IF||0.1 mg|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
Product Specific References
References for TGF Alpha antibody
Ju, W. et al. (1991) Tumorigenic transformation of NIH 3T3 cells by the autocrine synthesis of transforming growth factor alpha.
New Biol. 3: 380-388.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra