The TFAM gene encodes a key mitochondrial transcription factor containing two high mobility group motifs. The encoded protein also functions in mitochondrial DNA replication and repair. Sequence polymorphisms in TFAM are associated with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases (Belin et al. 2007). There are pseudogenes for TFAM on chromosomes 6, 7, and 11. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants (provided by RefSeq, Aug 2012).
Rabbit anti Human TFAM antibody detects a band of 29 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti TFAM detects a band of approximately 29 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human TFAM
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006261 DNA-dependent DNA replication
- GO:0006356 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase I promoter
- GO:0006391 transcription initiation from mitochondrial promoter
- GO:0042645 mitochondrial nucleoid
- GO:0045893 positive regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0070363 mitochondrial light strand promoter sense binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of Tfam antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra