Goat anti TAGLN
TAGLN antibody recognizes human transgelin, also known as 22 kDa actin-binding protein, protein WS3-10, smooth muscle protein 22-alpha or SM22-alpha. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
TAGLN is ubiquitously expressed by vascular and visceral smooth muscle, is an early marker of smooth muscle differentiation and is overexpressed by senescent human fibroblasts. Studies have identified TAGLN as a novel tumor suppressor protein, which has a markedly reduced expression in colorectal cancer samples, and may serve as an important biomarker of malignancy.
Goat anti Human TAGLN antibody recognizes TAGLN as a band of 22 kDa in a wide range of human cell line lysates. Cross reactivity with rodent cell lines is also observed.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Goat anti TAGLN detects a band of approximately 22 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide sequence C-MTGYGRPRQIIS from the C-terminal region of TAGLN.
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q01995 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TAGLN Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0003779 actin binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0007517 muscle organ development
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of TAGLN antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||1 ml||C E P WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.