Rabbit anti STK11 antibody
recognizes serine/threonine-protein kinase STK11, also known as liver kinase B1, LKB1, hLKB1 and renal carcinoma antigen NY-REN-19. STK11 is a tumor suppressor and mutations in the STK11 gene are found in Peutz-Jeghers syndrome (PJS) (Marignani 2005
). STK11 phosphorylates AMPK (Hardie 2004
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to STK11 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant fusion protein containing a sequence corresponding to amino acids 134-433 of human STK11
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
magnesium ion binding
protein serine/threonine kinase activity
energy reserve metabolic process
cell cycle arrest
insulin receptor signaling pathway
positive regulation of transforming growth factor beta receptor signaling pathway
regulation of fatty acid biosynthetic process
regulation of fatty acid oxidation
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of STK11 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti STK11 antibody detects a band of approximately 54 kDa in U-87MG and SKOV3 cell lysates and mouse heart tissue lysate under reducing conditions
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available