Rabbit anti STIM2 antibody recognizes an internal region of stromal interaction molecule-2 (STIM2), a ubiquitously expressed type I membrane protein, of which at least three isoforms have been identified.
In T-lymphocytes and other haematopoietic cells, the mechanism for increasing intracellular Ca2+, following antigen mediated T-cell activation, is through the store-operated Ca2+release-activated Ca2+ (CRAC) channels. STIM1 is reported to activate CRAC channels upon Ca2+depletion. Whereas, STIM2 acts to inhibit the STIM1-mediated store-operated Ca2+entry, and forms complexes with STIM1, suggesting that these molecules may play a coordinated role in controlling Ca2+entry.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human STIM2 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- A 17 amino acid peptide located near the centre of human STIM2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
calcium ion binding
integral to membrane
calcium channel regulator activity
endoplasmic reticulum membrane
calcium ion transport
cellular calcium ion homeostasis
negative regulation of calcium ion transport via store-operated calcium channel activity
activation of store-operated calcium channel activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of STIM2 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1429 detects a band of approximately 105kDa in A20 cell lysates
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available