STIM1 is a type 1 transmembrane protein that mediates Ca2+ influx after depletion of intracellular Ca2+ stores by gating of store-operated Ca2+ influx channels (SOCs). It is one of several genes located in the imprinted gene domain of 11p15.5, an important tumor-suppressor gene region. Alterations in this region have been associated with the Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome, Wilms tumor, rhabdomyosarcoma, adrenocrotical carcinoma, and lung, ovarian, and breast cancer. STIM1 may play a role in malignancies and disease that involve this region, as well as early hematopoiesis, by mediating attachment to stromal cells. Mutations in STIM1 are associated with fatal classic Kaposi sarcoma, immunodeficiency due to defects in store-operated calcium entry (SOCE) in fibroblasts, ectodermal dysplasia and tubular aggregate myopathy. STIM1 is oriented in a head-to-tail configuration with the ribonucleotide reductase 1 gene (RRM1), with the 3' end of STIM1 situated 1.6 kb from the 5' end of the RRM1 gene. Alternative splicing of STIM1 results in multiple transcript variants (provided by RefSeq, May 2013).
Rabbit anti Human STIM1 antibody detects a band of 85 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti STIM1 detects a band of approximately 85 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to an area near the C terminus of human STIM1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005513 detection of calcium ion
- GO:0005874 microtubule
- GO:0006816 calcium ion transport
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030176 integral to endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0032237 activation of store-operated calcium channel activity
- GO:0051010 microtubule plus-end binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of STIM1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra