Goat anti Human Stem Cell Factor antibody recognizes human stem cell factor (SCF), a type I transmembrane protein and haematopoietic growth factor, which acts in synergy with other growth factors and signals through the c-Kit receptor.
Interaction between SCF and the receptor tyrosine kinase c-Kit is an essential step for the proliferation, survival and differentiation of haematopoietic progenitor cells, mast cells, myelanocytes and germ cells, and plays an important role in follicular development. The association between SCF and c-Kit is also involved with the progression and invasiveness of tumours, and deficiencies of either SCF or c-Kit result in mast cell deficiency and macrocytic anaemia.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended. NB: For functional studies do not add azide.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human stem cell factor were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human stem cell factor.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
stem cell factor receptor binding
growth factor activity
male gonad development
identical protein binding
positive regulation of DNA replication
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Stem Cell Factor antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1 This product requires enzyme mediated antigen retrieval prior to staining of parrafin sections. Proteinase K is recomended for this purpose.
Successful heat mediated antigen retrieval has also been accomplished using Tris/EDTA buffer (pH9.0).
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
O'laughlin-bunner, B. et al. (2001) Lyn is required for normal stem cell factor-induced proliferation and chemotaxis of primary hematopoietic cells.
Blood. 98 (2): 343-50.
Rönnstrand, L. (2004) Signal transduction via the stem cell factor receptor/c-Kit.
Cell Mol Life Sci. 61 (19-20): 2535-48.