Rabbit anti Human STEAP1 antibody recognizes STEAP1, also known as six transmembrane epithelial antigen of the prostate. STEAP1 is a ~39 kDa protein and member of a family of cell surface serpentine transmembrane antigens of the prostate.
STEAP1 is predominantly expressed in human prostate and is up-regulated in several cancer lines including prostate, ovarian, cervical, breast, testicular, bladder, colon and Ewing sarcoma. It is significantly expressed at cell-cell junctions and has been shown to be a target of human CD8 T cells. This indicates that it could be used as a potential target for cancer immunotherapy. This antibody does not cross-react with other STEAP-proteins.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antisera to human STEAP (CT) were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- An 18 amino acid peptide located near the c-terminal region of human STEAP1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
electron carrier activity
integral to plasma membrane
iron ion binding
electron transport chain
iron ion transport
flavin adenine dinucleotide binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of STEAP1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1438 detects a band of approximately 40kDa in human spleen cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available