STAT1 Alpha antibody
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Rabbit anti Human STAT1 alpha antibody recognizes human signal transducer and activator of transcription 1-alpha also known as transcription factor ISGF-3 components p91/p84. STAT1 alpha is one of two isoforms generated by alternative splicing and encoded for by the STAT1 gene. STAT1 alpha is a ~87 kDa protein belonging to the transcription factor STAT family containing a single SH2 domain. Rabbit anti Human STAT1 alpha antibody recognizes epitopes in a carboxy-terminal region of STAT1 alpha not contained in the short isoform STAT1 beta.
Members of the STAT family respond to cytokines and growth factors and are phosphorylated by receptor associated kinase to form homo- or hetero-dimers. These then translocate to the cell nucleus to act as transcription activators. STAT1 is activated by a number of different ligands including the interferon, gp130 and receptor tyrosine kinase families (Gerhartz et al. 1996). Mutations in the STAT1 gene lead to a number of immunological disorders including severe combined immunodeficiency phenotypes (Sharfe et al. 2014), or more selective immunodeficiencies to macrophagic (usually mycobacteria) bacteria, viruses or fungi depending on the mutation or abnormality involved (Boisson-Dupuis et al. 2012).
Rabbit anti Human STAT1 alpha antibody recognizes human STAT1 alpha as a single band of ~87 kDa in multiple human cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions. It also cross reacts with rodent cell line lysates tested.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti STAT1 alpha antibody detects a band of approximately 87 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- Peptide corresponding to amino acids near the C-terminus of human STAT1 alpha
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up