STAT1 Alpha antibody
Members of the STAT family respond to cytokines and growth factors and are phosphorylated by receptor associated kinase to form homo- or hetero-dimers. These then translocate to the cell nucleus to act as transcription activators. STAT1 is activated by a number of different ligands including the interferon, gp130 and receptor tyrosine kinase families (Gerhartz et al. 1996). Mutations in he STAT1 gene lead to a number of immunological disorders including severe combined immunodeficiency phenotypes (Sharfe et al. 2014), or more selective immunodeficiencies to macrophagic (usually mycobacteria) bacteria, viruses or fungi depending on the mutation or abnormality involved (Boisson-Dupuis et al. 2012).
Rabbit anti Human STAT1 alpha antibody recognizes human STAT1 alpha as a single band of ~87 kDa in multiple human cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions. It also cross reacts with rodent cell line lysates tested.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti STAT1 alpha antibody detects a band of approximately 87 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Peptide corresponding to amino acids near the C-terminus of human STAT1 alpha
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of STAT1 Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra