Splicing Factor 3B Subunit 2 antibody
Rabbit anti Splicing Factor 3B Subunit 2
Splicing factor 3B subunit 2 antibody recognizes splicing factor 3B subunit 2, also known as SF3B2, SAP 145, pre-mRNA splicing factor SF3B 145 kDa subunit or spliceosome associated protein 145. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Encoded by the SF3B2 gene, splicing factor 3B subunit 2 is a subunit of the splicing factor 3B protein complex. Splicing factor 3B, together with splicing factor 3A and a 12S RNA unit, forms the U2 small nuclear ribonucleoproteins complex (U2 snRNP). The splicing factor 3B/3A complex binds pre-mRNA upstream of the intron's branch site in a sequence-independent manner and may anchor the U2 snRNP to the pre-mRNA. Splicing factor 3B is also a component of the minor U12-type spliceosome. Subunit 2 associates with pre-mRNA upstream of the branch site at the anchoring site. Subunit 2 also interacts directly with subunit 4 of the splicing factor 3B complex. Subunit 2 is a highly hydrophilic protein with a proline-rich N-terminus and a glutamate-rich stretch in the C-terminus (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human Splicing factor 3B subunit 2 antibody detects a band of 140 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti splicing factor 3B subunit 2 detects a band of approximately 140 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 539-568 amino acids from the central region of human splicing factor 3B subunit 2
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q13435 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SF3B2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000398 nuclear mRNA splicing, via spliceosome
- GO:0003676 nucleic acid binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005689 U12-type spliceosomal complex
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Splicing Factor 3B Subunit 2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.