Rabbit anti Human SphK1 antibody detects epitopes within the N-terminal region human SphK1, also known sphingosine kinase 1. SphK1 catalyzes the phosphorylation of sphingosine 1-phosphate; an important lipid mediator with multiple functions. In light of this, SphK1 has been implicated in regulation of Ca2+ homoeostasis, inflammation, immunity and cancer growth. However, its central function is thought to be in the development of the cardiovascular and central nervous system. SphK1 has a molecular weight of ~42 kDa.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to SphK1 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbit with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the N-terminal domain of human SphK1, conjugated to KLH.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
magnesium ion binding
diacylglycerol kinase activity
sphingosine metabolic process
activation of protein kinase C activity by G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
sphinganine kinase activity
positive regulation of smooth muscle contraction
regulation of tumor necrosis factor-mediated signaling pathway
D-erythro-sphingosine kinase activity
positive regulation of cell growth
positive regulation of cell migration
positive regulation of protein ubiquitination
positive regulation of NF-kappaB import into nucleus
positive regulation of angiogenesis
positive regulation of mitotic cell cycle
sphingoid catabolic process
positive regulation of fibroblast proliferation
'de novo' posttranslational protein folding
positive regulation of NF-kappaB transcription factor activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of SPHK1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Adrenal, Pheochromocytes.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available