The SPARC gene encodes a cysteine-rich acidic matrix-associated protein. The encoded protein is required for the collagen in bone to become calcified but is also involved in extracellular matrix synthesis and promotion of changes to cell shape. The gene product has been associated with tumor suppression but has also been correlated with metastasis based on changes to cell shape which can promote tumor cell invasion (provided by RefSeq, Dec 2011). Mutation of the SPARC gene causes presentation of Osteogenesis imperfecta 17 (OI17), an autosomal recessive form of osteogenesis imperfecta, a connective tissue disorder characterized by low bone mass, bone fragility and susceptibility to fractures after minimal trauma (Mendoza-Londono et al. 2015).
Rabbit anti Human SPARC antibody detects a band of 35 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SPARC detects a band of approximately 35 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human SPARC
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P09486 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SPARC Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001503 ossification
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0005518 collagen binding
- GO:0005604 basement membrane
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of SPARC antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.