Rabbit anti SOX2
SOX2 antibody recognizes the transcription factor SOX-2, also known as SRY-related HMG-box gene 2. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
This intronless gene encodes a member of the SRY-related HMG-box (SOX) family of transcription factors involved in the regulation of embryonic development and in the determination of cell fate. SOX2 is required for stem-cell maintenance in the central nervous system, and also regulates gene expression in the stomach. Mutations in the SOX2 gene have been associated with optic nerve hypoplasia and with syndromic microphthalmia, a severe form of structural eye malformation. SOX2 lies within an intron of another gene called SOX2 overlapping transcript (SOX2OT) (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human SOX2 antibody detects a band of 35 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SOX2 detects a band of approximately 35 kDa in NTERA-2 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 282-316 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human SOX2
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Shelf Life
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P48431 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SOX2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001649 osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005667 transcription factor complex
- GO:0006325 chromatin organization
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0009611 response to wounding
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- GO:0021781 glial cell fate commitment
- GO:0035019 somatic stem cell maintenance
- GO:0035198 miRNA binding
- GO:0043281 regulation of caspase activity
- GO:0043410 positive regulation of MAPKKK cascade
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0050680 negative regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0070848 response to growth factor stimulus
- GO:0090090 negative regulation of canonical Wnt receptor signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SOX2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.