This intronless gene encodes a member of the SRY-related HMG-box (SOX) family of transcription factors involved in the regulation of embryonic development and in the determination of cell fate. SOX2 is required for stem-cell maintenance in the central nervous system, and also regulates gene expression in the stomach. Mutations in the SOX2 gene have been associated with optic nerve hypoplasia and with syndromic microphthalmia, a severe form of structural eye malformation. SOX2 lies within an intron of another gene called SOX2 overlapping transcript (SOX2OT) (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human SOX2 antibody detects a band of 35 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SOX2 detects a band of approximately 35 kDa in NTERA-2 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 282-316 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human SOX2
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001649 osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005667 transcription factor complex
- GO:0006325 chromatin organization
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0009611 response to wounding
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- GO:0021781 glial cell fate commitment
- GO:0035019 somatic stem cell maintenance
- GO:0035198 miRNA binding
- GO:0043281 regulation of caspase activity
- GO:0043410 positive regulation of MAPKKK cascade
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0050680 negative regulation of epithelial cell proliferation
- GO:0070848 response to growth factor stimulus
- GO:0090090 negative regulation of canonical Wnt receptor signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SOX2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra